Bucharest Bar (admitted 2001)
Gabriel is a founding partner of Biriş Goran and is widely regarded as one of the leading tax experts in the country.
Gabriel has over 20 years of experience in all tax matters, such as advising on optimum tax structures, compliance, tax controls and tax litigations . He is well known for his tireless efforts in the public arena to modernize the tax legislation and administration in Romania for a positive impact in the country’s development. Between December 2015 and September 2016, Gabriel was Secretary of State in the Romanian Ministry of Finance, in charge of legislative reform in the field of taxation.
Gabriel is the author of two books about tax: “Despre Fiscalitate şi Competitivitate” (About Tax and Competitiveness) and “Despre Fiscalitate şi Bun Simţ” (About Tax and Good Sense), both published in 2012. Gabriel is the co-author of “Controverse în fiscalitate” (Tax Controversies) published in 2011.
The last nine editions of Chambers Europe confirm his reputation, ranking him as “highly recommended”.
The 2016 edition of Chambers Europe has ranked Gabriel, for the ninth year consecutively, “Highly Recommended” as a leading lawyer for Tax in Romania.
• Partner, Biris Goran (October 2016 - Present)
• Secretary of State, Romanian Ministry of Finance (December 2015-September 2016)
• Partner, Biris Goran (2006-2015)
• Counsel, Salans Bucharest (2005-2006)
• Partner, Head of Taxation Services, Haarman Hemmelrath Romania (2002-2005)
• Senior Manager, Head of Taxation Services, Haarmann Hemmelrath Romania (1998-2002)
• Tax Consultant, Coopers & Lybrand Romania (1995-1998)
• Romanian-American University, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2000)
• Technical University of Bucharest, Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications (Engineering Degree,1995)
Numerous articles published in the business media on tax matters