'' '' '' ''
Bucharest Bar (admitted in 1997)
Energy & Natural Resources
Dana heads the Energy Practice at Biriş Goran. A noted expert in the Romanian market for her energy expertise, she has been practicing exclusively in this field since 2002.
Dana is a pioneer in the field of electricity, having worked on the operating rules for centralized and non-centralized electricity markets and has a thorough and proven command of the regulatory and practical commercial opportunities and constraints in the field. She has been working with leading companies in the energy field, such as the state-owned Hidroelectica and Nuclearelectrica, Opcom, the Romanian Electricity Market Operator, RWE Energie, the Romanian subsidiary of RWE Group, and Wirom, a leading Romanian-German joint venture gas company (Wintershall and GDF Suez), as well as in oil and gas practice area, working for national and international corporations.
Dana has been lead attorney on various renewable projects exceeding thousands MW, where her advice spanned the entire lifespan of the project, from acquisition of the land or of the power plant to regulatory and operational concerns. She has also been a member of the working group organized by Ministry of Energy for certain amendment of the renewable legislation.
She has a thorough command of the regulatory and practical commercial opportunities and constraints in the field, and thus can advise clients efficiently. In addition to electricity, Dana has worked for numerous clients in the oil and gas field, ranging from negotiation, conclusion and performance of commercial contracts, corporate governance matters, litigation and arbitration, as well as to regulatory assistance.
In addition, her academic studies in law and political science provide her with the tools to address the legal issues both from the business perspective and from the perspective of public or regulatory authorities.
Before joining Biriş Goran, Dana headed the legal department of Hidroelectrica, leader in Romanian power generation.
Outside the office, Dana takes the social issues seriously. In the last years she has been doing probono work to promote non discrimination and make people aware of the poverty in Romania.
• Lead attorney in the setting-up wind farms in Tulcea, Constanta, Calarasi and Buzau Area;
• Lead attorney for development and operation of the centralized markets of OPCOM;
• Legal consultancy for electricity contracts and other commercial contracts in energy, oil and gas field;
• Legal assistance for rehabilitation and modernization of power and thermo power plants;
• Legal assistance for building pipeline and storage units in oil and gas field.
• Head of Legal Department, Hidroelectrica SA (2016 - 2018)
• Head of Energy and Natural Resources Practice, Biriș Goran (2013 - 2016)
• Partner - Head of Energy, Oil and Gas Department, Bostina and Associates (2004 - 2012)
• Senior Associate - Head of Energy, Oil and Gas Department, Bostina and Associates (2002 - 2004)
• Partner, Romanian law partnership (1999 - 2002)
• Junior Associate / Associate, Romanian law firm (1996 - 1999)
• National University Of Political And Administrative Studies – Faculty Of Political Science, Master Academic of Politics, Gender and Minorities (2015-2016)
• Open University, United Kingdom (Project Management Degree, 2007)
• European Federation of Energy Trading (EFET), Specialist in Framework Contracts for Electricity Trading and Supply (2007)
• Civil Society Development Association, "Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Skills" Course (2002)
• Civil Society Development Association, "Leadership and Project Management" Course (2001)
• University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 1996)